Kylian Mbappe addresses Vinicius Junior competition at Real Madrid as he sends definitive message to Carlo Ancelotti on his potential role in the team



Kylian Mbappe says he will play wherever Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti wants him to and hopes to feature alongside the "unique" Vinicius Junior.



WHAT KYLIAN MBAPPE SAID

The forward said at his unveiling presentation at Santiago Bernabeu: "I will play wherever the coach (Ancelotti) makes me play. In Paris, I played in all three positions. In Monaco too. The important thing is to be in good physical shape. The position I will play in is a detail."


He added on the Brazilian: "Vinicius is a unique player, a very great player. I will be very happy to play with him, as with all the other players. Great players know how to play together, I think. He has been incredible in recent seasons. It is up to me to adapt to the team. I will do it as quickly as possible to help the team win."



THE BIGGER PICTURE

Mbappe has, arguably, become one of the best players in the world from playing as a left-sided forward - both for PSG and France. But Vinicius is in Ballon d'Or contention after a stellar season in that position for Madrid. The 25-year-old Frenchman is happy to play as a centre-forward but whether or not they can gel together remains to be seen.



WHAT NEXT?

After a disappointing Euro 2024 campaign with France, one which included him breaking his nose, Mbappe will begin his pre-season campaign in the coming weeks before stepping up preparations for his debut Madrid season in August.